Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fethiye

Next on our trip was Fethiye, a small city on the southern coast. We wanted a place where we could just relax, and take in the natural beauty of the southern seas. We stopped off in the even smaller town Ölüdeniz, where there are supposedly the best beaches in Turkey. I was pretty pleased with what I saw there. It's the start of the Lycean Way, one of the most scenic hiking trails in the world. We did the first leg, and I think it's settled, I'm going back some day to do this trail.



 The only animal life we saw was this random dead boar. It picked a great place to die though.

Paragliding is huge here, and I really wanted to go, but with a double-sprained ankle, it wasn't an option. I was cursing my bad luck all day. Some of you may ask how I was able to do this hike, climb in Cappadocia, and do other stupid things...the answer is that it really hurt, but it was worth it.

4 comments: