Friday, May 18, 2012

The Ancient Cave City of Cappadocia

Cappadocia was next on our list of things to do. We took an overnight bus there, and stayed in a cave hostel. The funnest part was just playing around in all the thousands of cave dwellings and touching the thousand year old paintings.


 

 
_____________________

We then found a large mountain of these caves off the beaten path that was completely abandoned. Keep in mind that I had a sprained ankle, but decided to climb this anyway (probably not the best decision I've ever made). At the top of the cliff, immediately after having scaled across a precarious ledge, disaster struck. I resprained my ankle. Wes ended up carrying me down the mountain (don't do stupid things, unless you have a great friend to save you). Then we had to bike back to the hostel, about 10k. Thankfully, the next day my ankle felt great...my theory is that I sprained it the opposite way, giving it some sort of balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment