Thursday, May 3, 2012

Protect your picinic baskets

It's the moments like this that make up my memories of a place. When I try to remember what it was like to live in city x, or country y, I generally don't remember some of the best parts like the conversations I had, the one time jokes that flopped (but I'm still secretly proud of), or the short-term friends I made. I have an event based memory, for better or worse. It's the trips, the picnics, the race days that I had to plan for that I remember. While it's most definitely a flaw in my memory, I feel like it can be overcome, and used to my benefit. By remembering the events, I can fill in the gaps more easily. Well this picnic/shashlik roast was just such an event...

 Shine, Nastya, Kerry, Wes, and Yulia all ready to eat.
 Everyone has a ridiculous look on their face (as opposed to normally?)
 As you can see, we were all having a pretty wild time...
 It was freezing, and you can tell by my face that I'm suffering.
Sophie, Helen, and Yulia huddling in the blanket.
That's my guitar, but that's not my hand! Creepy
And the best part of every bbq, staring into the fire afterward for hours on end.

*Not pictured: Sophie absolutely losing her mind and running around like a butterfly, Ivan and Ilya beating some local kids (in soccer...and otherwise), and Olga totally losing it after finding out she ate 11 ruble meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment