Monday, December 24, 2012

Whose woods these are I think I know



It's minus 25 Celsius outside on Christmas Eve, what am I going to do? Go running of course. Last year during the winter I often found myself staying inside my apartment to hide from the cold. Well, it turns out that's really boring! So this year I've made a concerted effort to do things no matter what...and it's turned out so great! I went ice skating with new friends, midnight strolls through glittering snowstorms, running in new forests, and there's only 5 more months of these types of activities. Today (Christmas Eve) I went for a run in my forest, Troporyovo, and I had to think of how lucky I am to live in a winter wonderland (even though I've always hated the cold, this time of year it just seems to fit).


People promise to go running with me all the time, but rarely follow through on that promise. That's ok, you want to hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better, I'm an easy target...ten points to whomever can name that reference. Anyway, I figured I'd let you all go on a little jog with me through my favorite park here.


For those of you who don't speak Russian, you should learn it. For those of you who do speak Russian, the last part wasn't suicidal, it was in reference to the cold...I realized later just how dark it sounded. But you get the Robert Frost allusion now at least, right?


3 comments:

  1. Trains Planes and Automobiles! Or Family Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And many miles to go before you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm in with Tyler's Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

    ReplyDelete