Sunday, July 15, 2012

The many faces of Russia


I've been involved in a healthy mixture of randomness lately. I teach English a bit, and that takes me everywhere from the summer-homes surrounding Moscow to the towers of Moscow City (an interesting attempt to build a financial center in Russia). I've enjoyed English lessons while I've been here in Moscow...it gives me a chance to teach (which is pretty fun) and I get to know lots of interesting people.

Besides teaching, I've been hanging out more with the members of my church lately. Most recently,  we went on a camping trip, and it was a blast. I got to know a lot of great people, went swimming, and was attacked by wasps. Overall, that makes a successful camping trip I think.

 Don't you just love the classic look of black and VERY white photos? (this photo stolen from Наташа).
 One reason I like Russia is that I'm not judged for wearing my short shorts. Seriously though, there are thousands of hipsters here who wear cut-off jeans, and if that's not bad enough they roll them up, cause they're not quite short enough. Then they tuck their plaid shirts into them. It's pretty funny.
I absolutely LOVE the Russian countryside. It's so beautiful, and I just feel so relaxed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment